January 9, 2012

Lesson 3 Ideas – Following the Example of Jesus Christ

 

One of my all-time favorite hymns is “Lord, I Would Follow Thee.”

image

In my own personal copy of our hymnbook, I’ve underlined themes and lyrics from this hymn which uplift me and motivate me to follow the example of our Savior.

image

As I read the upcoming Young Women lesson for this Sunday,  Lesson 3: Following the Example of Jesus Christ, this hymn of my heart came to my mind.  I went to it and as I re-read it, I thought of each of you and the service you offer in your families and with the young women of your ward.  Here are some of the phrases which remind me of you:

“Learn the Healers Art”

“Pause to help and lift”

“Show a gentle heart”

“Find in Thee my strength”

In these ways, I have observed you being followers of our Savior’s example.

As I have studied Lesson 3, I came across a few ideas I really enjoyed. I hope they will spark revelation for you as you prepare to teach.

  • Study and then prayerfully consider using the wonderful additional resources for lesson 3 found in the Young Women Resource Guide 2012 – Manual 1.
  • I really liked re-reading President Uchdorf’s General Conference address You Are My Hands (I can see a “hand-out” being created…) as well as doing the Divine Nature Value Experience 7 as the guide suggests.
  • Have you seen this Young Women Teaching Guide from lds.org?
  • Perhaps a cute little card with the commitment statements found in this month’s New Era “Stand for Truth” can be adapted for the young women in your ward to meet their needs. Better yet, have them come up with their own ideas.  You could even create something like this and leave a blank area for the girls to write just one way they can follow the example of Jesus Christ in the coming week.

What are some things you are planning for this week’s lesson?

I know I speak for our entire Stake Young Women’s Presidency when I say we wish we could be in each and every young women’s class room this Sunday to hear the discussion you will have with the Young Women as you learn together how to better follow Him.

With Love and Gratitude,

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment