June 18, 2012

Zion’s Camp Kitchen Clean-Up + Welcome Sister Alves

A big thank you to everyone who showed up to help get the kitchen ready for Young Women Camp. We had a fun time together.

And a Huge thank you  to Brother Kane for coordinating everything.

image  image image

image  image image image

 

image  image image

As many of you may have already heard, our beloved Sister Amy Edwards was released from our Stake Young Women Presidency and is now serving as 2nd counselor in the newly reorganized Young Women Presidency of the Exeter Ward. While we will dearly miss Sister Edwards who served so lovingly and diligently, we are looking forward to being blessed by the great spiritual capacities and many talents of Sister Jennifer (Jen) Alves of the Exeter Ward as the new Exeter Stake Young Women Secretary. You may recognize her as the incredible food/kitchen chairperson for camp.  She was also serving in the Exeter Ward Young Women Presidency at the time of her call.

Here is a quick spotlight about her:

image

I am Jennifer Lynn Alves. I am number six out of eight children. I am 38 years young. I was born and raised in Massachusetts. I usually forget to pronounce my R’s (wicked sorry). I was also born and raised in the church and have a strong testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. I was recently asked to tell of a time when I felt I had a strong testimony. The real question is, “can I remember a time when I did not feel I had a strong testimony?” The answer is, “No”.

My sweetheart of 19 years is Mario. He is my light hearted, hard working family man. I love and appreciate him dearly! We have three children whom we love to eternity and back. Our intention is to enter the Celestial Kingdom with all of our children.

I am highly aware of Satan’s continuous attack on the children of men. I will not stand idly by while Satan tramples on everything. I pray for Heavenly Father’s help often, as it is obvious that I cannot fight that fight alone.

I know God lives because He has answered my prayers many times over. I know He lives because He gradually makes me into a person that I could not be on my own. I give thanks unto God for everything that is good in me and for all that I am blessed with in this world and hope to be blessed with after my earthly existence is over. I am happy to serve Him and know that I am blessed when I do. I love the feeling of being part of the crew that helps to grow the kingdom of God on earth and in Heaven.

I am thrilled to have an elder brother named Jesus Christ who loved me (and you) enough to sacrifice His life for me so that through His atonement I can repent of my sins and one day [have] my family [in] Heaven with me. . . whatever it takes, I’ll do it.

We welcome and sustain you wholeheartedly, Sister Alves.

No comments:

Post a Comment